THE IMAGE VERSUS THE REALITY2012-07-11 at 02:00 pm Blog RSS
I’m planning to send this as a “global” e-mail, when I leave…
The company wants to be the “Coca-Cola” of the industry (ie. The best). Here’s how it will always be perceived:
1. The company puts profits ahead of people, every time. That goes for the dissatisfied customers, who will be squeezed for every pound – and also the disgruntled employees, whose very souls become more and more eroded every day.
2. The systems don’t work. It has been almost 2 years, since the in-house system was launched – and it is still fraught with errors and glitches. Users find it frustrating, tedious and pointless (4 million pounds well spent).
3. The public image simply doesn’t match the reality (as employees, we know only too well how very different it is inside the building). You can’t polish a turd.
4. The money spent on advertising and pointless televisions is ridiculous. It could and should be used to buy more office machinery, for the staff. 20 people have to use just one printer/copier/scanner/fax machine. The company doesn’t care.
5. The company does not encourage career development. There is very little incentive, for the employees to try harder.
6. The bi-annual performance review system is a complete farce. It doesn’t work. It is flawed, from the very root.
7. The company’s policies and procedures are unnecessarily long-winded and exasperating.
8. The management structures (and the relationships between managers) are completely wrong.
I can honestly say that this is the worst (and most ruthless and greedy) company, for which I’ve worked. I am so glad I’m finally free…
P.S. I’m in two minds about sending it. I mean: I don’t want to help them.
Last 5 posts by joeblogs
- SLEEP HYGIENE - May 17th, 2013
- GOOD EVENING - May 12th, 2013
- THE MARCH OF TIME - March 26th, 2013
- HOW I SPENT MY LAST WEEK OF FREEDOM - January 17th, 2013
- RESOLUTIONS - January 2nd, 2013
View Counter: 208 views
6 Responses to “THE IMAGE VERSUS THE REALITY”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.